Mutton Chukka Varuval is a lip smackling recipe serve as a sidedish with rice, pulao, briyani or as starter.. Mutton chukka is not very regular in our menu but whenever we get in to the hotels, its mostly briyani or chukka as its our favourite.. I wanted to share this version which is most popular in madurai especially Muniyandi Vilas a famous non-veg hotel...
Few days back my friend visited our home.. My hubby wanted me to make some non vegetarian dishes for them especially in mutton.. This is a first time i am trying this chukka and kola urundai but soon i posted the kola urundai which i prepared for them.. Keep watching friends.. There are many verious methods in making this dry fry by changing the ingredients...
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serve - 2
Recipe Cuisine : South indian
Recipe category : Side dish
Mutton - 250 grams (Boneless)
Turmeric powder / - 1 1tspn
Coconut oil - 2 tspn
Curry leaves - few
Lemon - 1/2
Salt - as needed
FOR GRINDING :
Fennel seeds / Sombu - 1/2 tspn
Kashmir chilli powder - 1 tspn
Ginger - small piece (chopped)
Garlic - 3
Fresh coconut - 2 tbspn (optional)
- Take blender, add in all ingredients given in the "FOR GRINDING" into a smooth paste..
- Now take mutton in a bowl, add in salt and turmeric powder, masala mixture and mix well..
- Leave this to marinate for 15 mins, wash the blender with 1/2 cup of water and pour that over the mutton as well.
- Transfer it into a pressure cooker and cook for 4 whictle, simmer the stove for 10 mins..
- Switch off the flame and let the pressure go all by itself..
- Open the, keep aside..
- Now tale a kadai add in coconut oil and hand full of curry leaves in it..
- Add in cooked mutton and toss well for 5 to 7 minstill it dry..
- When the oil leaves the sides of the pan, squeeze some lemon juice.. Mix well.
- Once the mutton is ready, turn off the heat and serve..
Take marination ingredients along with mutton
Take mutton in a bowl and add turmeric powder
Add in little bit of salt, keep aside
Take masala ingredients
Take them in a blender
Make them it into paste
Add to the mutton
Add some water to the blender
Add to the mutton
Take a cooker
Add the mutton to the cooker
Close it with lid and whistle for 4
Now the mutton is done
Heat a pan with coconut oil
Add in hand ful of curry leaves
Now add in cooked mutton
Allow to dry
See it little bit dry
When oil leave sthe pan
Squeeze some lemon juice
Now it's done