This Dahi bhala is an north indian style chaat recipe, prepared by soaked vadas in thick curd... The hot deep frying vadas are first put in water and then transfered to thick beaten prepared yogurt and topped with chutneys and mixture... It is famous all over india. It can be eaten as a snacks or as part of the meal.
Delhi dahi bhala is great as a side dish for a formal breakfast also or served as a chaat items in evening. Fluffy golden coloured vadas mightly tasted good and tongue tickling dahi vada better than Thayir vada...
Being a chat lover, sure enjoyed each and every biteof this recipe! I love it freshness of curd, but many of them where like it tangy taste. So I hope that you must try this recipe and let me know it's turns out from you..
Preparation Time - 3 mins
Cooking Time - 15 - 20 mins
Serve - 3
Recipe Cuisine - North Indian
Plain vada - 10 nos
Meetha chutney - 1/2 cup
Coriander mint chutney - 1/2 cup
Spicy mixture - 1/2 cup
FOR DAHI :
Yogurt - 2 cup
Salt - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- First make vadas. (for this recipe as same as i did in dahi vada recipe).
- Click dahi vada to view.
- In a bowl add urad dal and stoak it for 11/2 hour and drained it
- In a blender add soaked urad dal, salt, asafoetida and grind it in to smooth paste.
- Now heat a pan and make vada and soaked it in a water for up to 10 mins
- And drained it and keep it aside
- In a bowl add yogurt and beat it well untill it became creamy
- Now add salt, asafoetida, coriander leaves and again beat it well. and keep aside.
- Take thick yogurt in a bowl deat it well, then add in salt, asafoetida and chopped coriander leaves, again beat it well. keep aside.
- Now prepare your chutneys and keep aside.
- Place the vadas on the serving bowl.
- Then spread a layer of yogurt on the top of idli.
- Put coriander mint chutney and khatta mitha chutney / meetha chutney on top of it.
- Sprinkled some mixture on it. it is optional. you may also use omapodi.
- Now the delhi dahi bhala is ready to serve.
Beat it well
Add some salt
Chopped fresh coriander leaves
Beat well and keep aside
Now take vadas and some water to dip it
Soak it in water for 5 mins
After 5 mins drained it
Now take ingredients for dahi bhalla
Place soaked vada in serving bowl
Spread some beaten yogurt
Then your coriander mint chutney
Add in sweet meetha chutney
Sprinkled some mixture on it
It' s ready