Hi friends, I am back with a wonderful recipe... Eggless christmas fruit cake without rum (alcohol)... Christmas is near at the end of this month, We are planning to take our passion to the next level, going to start a home bakery and planning to sell cakes and baked goodies for this Christmas and Newyear...
Thanks for your support, keep supporting to reach a milestone... now come to the recipe.. this fruit cake has a wonderful and nice aroma and it is moist, light and too delicious without rum and eggs in it... Here i cook the dry fruits in caramel sauce and added to the batter..
Most of the christmas cake is gifted to us were rum and red wine based ones, so I wants to try it a alcohol and egg free one.. This I tested and tried which gives a delicious and moist cake...
Preparation Time : 20mins
Baking Time : 1 hr 45 mins
Recipe category - Cake
Recipe Cuisine - World
Serve - 6
FOR PREPARING NUTS :
Black raisins / Black kishmish - 1/2 cup
Dates - 10 nos (chopped)
Dry Cherries - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Caramel sauce - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
FOR THE BATTER :
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 1/2cup / 180 grams
Brown sugar - 1 1/2 cup / 250 grams
Oil / Melted butter - 3/4 cups / 125ml
Baking soda - 1/4 tspn
Baking powder - 1 tspn
Vanilla essence - 1 tspn
Spices powder - 1 tbspn (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves)
- Preheat the oven 180 degree C.
- Start by making dry fruits.. In a sauce pan add in caremel sauce.
- Add some water and mix it well.
- When it bring to boil add in all the chopped dry fruits (raisins, dates, cherries)
- Now give a good mix and bring to boil for 7 mins..
- When they are done, keep aside for 1/2 hour or 30 mins..
- Now let's make the batter..
- Take some caramel water in a mixing bowl (from the prepared nuts mixture)
- Then add in brown sugar and oil..
- Beat it with eletric beater till the sugar dissolves..
- When they are done, sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices powder..
- Now add in vanilla essence and mix with the beater..
- Now add in prepared nuts mixture and give it a good mix..
- Take a baking pan line it with a parchment paper at the bottom and sides too.
- Now pour the batter in to prepared pan and top with chopped cherry..
- Bake this for 45 to 50 mins..
- Remove it and let cool it completely..
- Then peel off the parchment paper and serve
Pour some caramel sauce to a sauce pan
Add a cup of water
Let's bring to boil
When they bring to boil
Add in dates
Add in black raisins
Add some chopped cherries
Bring to boil
Keep mixing it for 5 to 7 mins
Now they almost ready
Keep this for 30 mins
Now take all your ingredients
Add some caramel sauce from the nuts pan
Add in brown sugar
Add in oil
Beat well till the sugar dissolves
Upto 7 to 10 mins
Now they are done
In a sieve take flour
Add in baking powder
And some baking soda
Add in spices powder
Sieve all the dry ingredients into the bowl
Add some vanilla essence
Beat well till they mix
Now they are done
Batter is little thick in consistency
Now add in prepared dry fruits
Mix it evenly, untill they mix
Pour the batter to the prepared pan
Add dry cherry to the top
Now it is beautifully baked
Peel the butter paper